- Password managers are important in today's world as we access various websites to use their services.
- You need to be sure that the password manager you choose has the best security features.
- Having some extra features also enhances the usability of that tool.
- We have listed some of the best and most trusted Windows 11 password managers in this guide.
Your online safety is very important, and the most important data you have online are your passwords, which you use to access different websites. If your password gets compromised, you lose access to the website, and all of your personal data from that website will be stolen.
In this guide, we will give you a list of some of the best Windows 11 password managers you can download on your PC and safeguard your passwords.
All the tools in this guide come with powerful features that won’t let your password hang in the open. Let us get right through each one of them.
Does Windows 11 offer a password manager?
Yes. Apart from different advanced features, Windows 11 offers a built-in password manager, the Credentials Manager.
The Credentials Manager feature may sound familiar. Because it was introduced with Windows 7. Later it came to the next version of Windows. Windows 10 and 11 both offer the Credential Manager.
You can access it from the Control Panel. You can check out our guide that explains how you can add, remove or edit files in the credentials manager.
However, many may not find the Credentials Manager that effective as it doesn’t offer the features that most modern and dedicated password managers provide.
How did we choose the below Windows 11 password managers?
All password managers’ basic task is to keep your passwords safe. However, some other features make them different from each other.
Below is the criterion that made us list the best Windows 11 password manager.
- Security: First and foremost comes security. We based the list on which Windows 11 password manager offers the best security. Notably, which password manager offers strong encryption, MFA, and other enhanced protection features.
- Compatibility: A password manager should work seamlessly across platforms. That is what made us choose the 5 password managers for Windows 11.
- Import and Export: The process of importing and exporting passwords should be a breeze should you wish to change the password manager.
- Price: The password manager with all features should fit the budget of your pocket, and it shouldn’t be that expensive than its actual worth.
- Customer support: Customer support is essential. You may need help resolving some issues related to the password manager. More important is that customer support should be reliable.
What are some of the best Windows 11 password managers?
RoboForm – Best password manager with advanced features
RoboForm is a highly capable password manager that provides many features. It is known for its comprehensive web form filling.
You can use this Windows 11 password manager to keep application passwords safe. It lets you log in to websites with one click, saves all of your personal and billing information, and is available for a wide range of platforms.
RoboForm can store your passwords and generate new ones to make things easier for you.
It is available as an extension for all browsers, can be set up easily, lets you import from all password managers, uses AES 256-bit encryption, offers multi-factor authentication, etc.
This tool offers a free version of its app for those who want to test the waters before jumping ship. The paid version costs $39.95/year/person, which will unlock all the premium features of the tool.
Some of the best features of the RoboForm password manager:
- Lets you log in with one click.
- Available for different platforms.
- You can access it from anywhere.
- Keep all of your passwords in sync.
- Can be used offline as well.
RoboFormKeep all web accounts secure with this all-rounded password manager for Windows 11.
NordPass – Offers strong password protection
NordPass comes from the house of the most versatile VPN, NordVPN. Since security and convenience are NordVPN’s forte, you get the same benefits on NordPass.
It comes with a data breach scanner that notifies you if your credentials were found on the dark web or compromised. This will also give you information about your leaked credit or debit card details.
The NordPass Windows 11 password manager comes with XChaCha20 encryption, which is more advanced than AES-256 encryption. You also get an inbuilt OCR feature that can help you save texts from written documents.
You can use unlimited devices and save unlimited passwords with the paid version. There is a useful free version available as well.
NordPass comes with a sturdy password generator that gives you unbreakable password suggestions. The UI is also intuitive, and beginners can get hold of it easily.
Here are some of the key highlights of the NordPass password manager:
- Connect an unlimited number of devices.
- Offers a built-in OCR.
- Autosave password and autofill.
- Seamless sync across devices.
- Get data breach notifications.
NordPassProtect your Windows 11 device with this new-age password manager.
Dashlane – Ideal for password auto-filling
Dashlane excels as it has multiple security features that keep your passwords safe. It offers a password generator to help you set strong passwords.
It comes with an advanced form-filling feature, secure web, and dark web monitoring that checks if your data isn’t compromised on the dark web. It automatically imports the passwords from your browsers, and the free version stores up to 50.
You can also use Dashlane to share your passwords with friends and family. It comes with strong AES-256 encryption, 2FA, and a zero-trust approach.
All the passwords are locked behind a master password and stored on your device. The Dashlane password manager is available at a starting price of $2/per seat/month, which bills $20 flat for 10 seats.
Here are some of the best features of the Dashlane Windows 11 password manager:
- Comes with a built-in VPN with 30 servers.
- Offers AES-256-bit encryption.
- Comes with a dark web scanner.
- Unlimited free version available.
- Built-in VPN.
- Comes with cross-platform support.
1Password – Budget-friendly password manager
If your budget is tight and you are looking for no compromise then you should opt for the 1Password Windows 11 password manager.
There are two paid plans, that offer a 1-month trial period. The basic version offers you saving an unlimited number of passwords along with 1GB of storage space.
You can use the 1Password Travel Mode that gives you access to your credentials only within specific territories.
Notably, it will let you know if your stored passwords are weak, outdated, or compromised. You can use it as an extension on your browser.
This tool uses military-grade AES-256 encryption, has a zero-trust feature, and offers 2FA to secure your password vault.
1Password is also known for its easy password import and export feature and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out some of the highlights of the 1Password tool:
- Comes with cross-platform support.
- Offers high-standard password protection.
- The basic version gives you unlimited passwords and 1GB of storage space.
- Supports 2FA.
- The import and export feature is seamless.
- 24×7 email support.
LastPass – Popular because it offers
LastPass is one of the most popular password managers used by millions across the globe. This Windows 11 password manager supports every platform and works seamlessly between them.
Moreover, makes use of AES-256 encryption and also comes with 2FA. Customer support is absolutely reliable and will help you resolve your issues.
Apart from standard features, LastPass also offers extra security features, such as a One-Time password to use on a device that isn’t yours.
It supports fingerprint to access your credentials quickly. You can save important details on your account, save banking, driver’s license, passport information, etc., within the tool.
You will also get notified if there are some issues with your passwords or if they are shared on the dark web.
Some of the best features of LastPass are:
- Reliable customer support.
- Notifies you of a data breach.
- Offers disposable one-time passwords.
- Gives you advanced features such as fingerprint unlock, 2FA, etc.
- Reliable customer support.
That is the list of our top Windows 11 password managers that you can rely on and safeguard your passwords on your PC.
Note that these Windows 11 password managers can also be used on a Windows 10 PC. However, if you are looking for a specific Windows 10 guide, we have listed some of the best password managers for Windows 10.
If you are looking for the best password manager for families, we have sorted that out for you as well.
Moreover, apart from saving your passwords, you often need help with password recovery and reset tools. We have a guide that covers that aspect for you and resolves the issue.
Furthermore, if you are on the lookout for the best tool that can remove the password from your PDF, then you should check out our guide.
You can also refer to our article including the best password-syncing tools. This will help you sync all your passwords across devices seamlessly.
Feel free to let us know your pick from the above list of the best Windows 11 password managers. Also, do let us know if you opted for a different one.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.